Sunday, September 2, 2007

Part III

Part III

Post- Assesment: This was a fun project and I am hoping you all will read the blog and more importantly make your own mixtape and share it.












Rupture- the Cunt of God
These Aussie's lay down some of the most wicked thrash trash ever conceived. It is so fast it almost falls apart! To say that this is offensive would be a vast understatement...All of their stuff is incredible; my favorite releases are the Cunt of god Lp, the Corrupture 10 inch and the Righteous Fuck ep. All are well worth finding and are sure to piss somebody off! By the way, I used to trade records with the singer Andrew (AKA Gus Chamber) and he got me into a lot of really cool Aussie punk and core. Unfortunately he killed himself a few years ago.....this one is for you Gus...Rescue the Future? Get Fucked!!!!!!

Mudhoney- No One Has

Another killer Mudhoney track off of their Superfuzzbigmuff Lp...Like I said before, don't get caught up in the whole anti grunge thing...this stands apart and has nothing to do with Pearl Jam musically or philosophically. If you dig this check out the band that preceeded it: Green River. They put three cool records that I love.

The Electric Prunes- I had too much too dream last night

Sixties psych that is so authentic it sounds like an LSD flashback!!!Yeah man....Great prototypical psych combined with garagey elements makes this so unique it is a bone classic. The rest of this Lp is a bit spotty, so this track is the clear hit and undisputed winner.

The Gris Gris- Everytime
Modern psych trash from Oakland,CA that bookends nicely with the Prunes track....clearly Greg Ashley and the band stole a page. I highly recomend their first self titled Lp and their second Lp titled For the Season both on Birdman records. These guys play out frequently and are worth seeing live. They played in Boston last year and it was a heavy show....I was impressed by their stage presence...no pretentious Morrisonesque shit here. The real deal indeed fuckers.


Nine Inch Nails- Something I can Never Have

Yes I like this. Fuck off. Nan will kick your ass if you make fun of me.....


No comments: